header-photo

just buy it

this car of mine will be the death of me. i swear it's cursed or something. ever since i have decided to go travelling and started trying to sell my car - well, it's caused nothing but problems. i have been on a mission to sell it since the start of june. it's been a month. a month tomorrow.

since my first day of posting it for sale i have had some interesting interactions with people who claim to be interested in the car. first there was the guy from africa. he came over here on a full-ride scholarship and is now an engineer. to me that means no student loans and big money. apparantly not as he wanted to pay less than half my asking price and then have a payment plan to top it off. i told him i'd be okay with it so long as he got the money to me by the end of the month. he backed off.... but not before he decided he had the perfect opportunity to ask me out. i told him i wasn't interested in seeing him again unless he was going to buy my car.

then there was the guy who calls me at 1 in the morning to inquire about the car. he is asking the questions on behalf of his friend who just arrived in canada and doesn't speak english. i call him back the next day. he doesn't have voicemail so it takes 3 calls to get through to him and not until 9pm that night. i ask when he wants to meet up to see the car. he tells me he'd like to meet later that night - at 10:30pm. sigh. i agree and pull up to a dark and deserted parking lot off Macleod Trail and wonder if ill even make it to see the light of day tomorrow. the 2 guys pull up and they go over the car. everything seems fine to them and they check it out. no test drive. as they're leaving they state they just want to check out what the insurance would cost them so they'll call me the following day. i agree and go to get into my car to drive home when they ask if i've had dinner yet. i don't know what planet they live on but i told them i had HOURS AGO and that i had big plans on going home to sleep. they drive off and i never hear from them again.

i don't know what part of trying to sell a car to go travelling gives guys the thumbs up to ask out the seller. who knows.

so i continue throughout the month, filling it with endless phone calls from people who appear seriously interested in the car, but never take the time to see it, test drive it, put in an offer or even give me the time of day to call back and tell me they've changed their minds. the garage sales provide an opportunity for people to give they're opinions. some are offended at my price saying that i won't get anything near it - while others are astounded that i wouldn't be wanting to sell it for more. none want it.

until yesterday. the last customers of the day at my garage sale come in and are immediately attracted to my black heap of metal. they check it out, test drive it and love it. one problem - they have to check to see if they can get the money for it. they are supposed to call me to day. i am skeptical. so i parked the car at the mall to hopefully attract more buyers.

back at home here by 7:30am after confidently choosing the prime parking space at the mall, i check my emails, eat breakfast and chill until i have to get to the bank. it was then i got a call - at 8:13am. the guy states he is calling about the car i have for sale. my heart starts to pump a little faster in antisipation that this could be the call i've been waiting for.

if only i could be so lucky. he informs me he is from the mall security and apparantly i am "not allowed" to park a car that's for sale in the mall parking lot. i have until 5pm to come pick it up or it will be towed. sigh.

i got today and tomorrow and then i am supposed to leave. damn this stupid car. maybe i should just leave the doors unlocked and cross my fingers that someone will just steal it. yeah right. as if i could be so fortunate.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...