header-photo

and the adventure continues

DAY 4

... well - continuing on from my last post, i made it through the wild rugid forest of the overgrown horse trail. i promptly changed into dry clothes, aried out my soaked feet and ate some lunch. i was stoked to be done and excitedly continued my journey down the endless logging road. past an empty field. past the mining area. past so many trees i lost count. and then i began to lose hope - the km markers along the road were not helping to motivate me in continuing on. i stopped for a rest. every 2 minutes. by 4 pm i was still trudging along the road with about 15km still to go. that translates to another 4 hours of walking. i now had blisters on top of my blisters.

so i did what i said i wouldnt do. i flagged over the next driver. turns out he is a rancher and had just been busy in organizing his horses for the stampede parade show. both his kids who are about my age are into travelling to. we had so much to talk about that we completely missed the point of which my campground was at. i had to hop out and backtrack to find it.

the next driver that pulled up next to me was heather. she was about my age and asked if i needed a ride. i gladly accepted, my feet satisfied to have the rest. she had been preparing to go kayaking today but had lost track of her friends. she tried to help me instead, but given both our days we could not for the life of us find the campground. so she dropped me off in a daisy field.

i quickly fell asleep shortly after setting up my tent in the field of flowers.



DAY 5

i walked another 7km along the logging road to get to the main highway. i was moving onto plan B. it made more sense to get to radium to rest for a day or 2 rather than trying to push onward to invermere. eventually i made it - and just in time. the rain had come but i was safe inside of my quaint motel room.


DAY 6

i rested. i watched tv. i pigged out on junk food. it was a good day.


DAY 7

i walked my way along the highway (vowing to skip hitchhiking for the rest of the trip) to the next campground. got there aroun 10am, set up tent and spent the day hibernating with my book and journal. pure bliss.


DAY 8

made it to invermere!

2 comments:

rick said...

tsk tsk kiddo

Glenn said...

Gradma's card was right.......

you are a gift to this world.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...