header-photo

The Last Chapter - Almost

Today is the last day for me. The last day I will be working at Seashells Resort. The last day that I will have to don a school-girl uniform and walk the block to work where I pretend to enjoy my job as a housekeeper. The last day I will have to look at a list of rooms and determine which one should be cleaned next. The last day I will have to knock on doors and yell out "Housekeeping" to warn guests of my entering their room. The last day I will have to make beds, clean kitchens, dust surfaces and scrub bathrooms. The last day I will have to lug around a hoover and mop bucket as though I can not live with out them. The last day of flipping doona covers, re-using rags and disguising stains in the towels. The last day of complaining about lack of linen and running around endless from storeroom to storeroom in a vain attempt to find any. The last day I will have to listen to customers requests on what they want cleaned during their service. Today is the last day.

And as with anything that comes to an end - there is a new beginning. Tomorrow I will be free of Seashells Resort and only have to focus my efforts at Zanders. Tomorrow I will be able to start catching up on sleep, sun, sand, surf and a whole heck of a lot of running. Tomorrow I will be able to gain back all the energy I have been deprived of the last few months from working two jobs non-stop. Tomorrow is a new beginning and I can't wait.

Inbetween all of that, life has been an emotional rollarcoaster ride for me this week. Each day has come with a new challenge to face - each day resulting in me being more exhausted than the last. There's been struggles with Immigration New Zealand of which I can't go into detail for fear of putting doubt in the minds of our supporters on the success of our trek. There's been the excitement of the possibility of new sponsors, new donators and new progress of Alex and mine's trek preparations. There's been relationship rollarcoasters - a battle of morals and values with one friend while I bonded with another over a jewellery making session. There's been going away shindigs for staff at Zanders and the excitment of bringing new staff aboard. There's been a homemade pizza night where we stuffed our faces and then ended the evening with a massage chain. There's been fire spinning at the beach and yoga classes in the morning. There's been so much going on that my brain is exhausted in attempting to process it. Hense why everyday has been a struggle to wake up and everyday I have had a nap in the afternoon.

Even still - I am thrilled at the prospect of what is to come within the next couple weeks here in Broome. Pressing ahead with preparations of New Zealand I hope to update my website, figure out what I need to take with me to NZ and what I need to send back to Canada. There's plenty of plans to have some quality time on the beach under the sun and I'm incredibly stoked to get back on the fitness wagon. Life is good. Life is tough. I love every minute of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...