header-photo

Beautiful Day

Alex and Hannah have gone. Left this morning - shortly after I called in sick for the second day in a row. My head feels like a bowling ball about to explode and it makes it difficult to find the words I want to say. And yet, I continue to write because today is a beautiful day.

With all the changes going on in my life, I figured I should change the look of my blog. Still with the same information, but a slightly different look. You might also have noticed Alex and I have changed the design of our donation button for Indigo Foundation. It's still linked through Paypal so all donations are secure. You still receive a receipt and all donations are still tax-deductable. But now you can see information on what the latest donation amounts have been, what the money is going towards and you can even add the donation button to your own site to help us promote what we are doing.

Oh yeah - and one other minor detail. Alex and I have raised our goal amount to $10000. Doubling what we once were initially aiming to achieve, we feel that due to all the positive response we are getting for this project - why not see if we can push for more? It's all for a good cause and for those of you who are worried about where the money is actually going. No worries - Alex and I did plenty of research and have ensured that all the money raised will be going towards one specific project - the Solomon Islands project. Given the budget they have for this project, should Alex and I reach our new goal of $10000, we will literally be funding them for the next 2 years. Not too shabby.

So help us out. Our $5 challenge - if you haven't heard yet - still stands. We challenge each and every person to just pitch in $5. It's not a lot. It's like a cup of coffee from Starbucks. Hardly a major sacrifice and yet if enough people pitch that small amount in, we will be reaching our goal in no time.

With all the excitement surrounding the trek, Alex and I are also in the middle of developing a promotional video that will be used on both our websites along with a function with Indigo Foundation on October 23. In the meantime, we have started posting video clips on YouTube so you can follow us there. Check it out HERE. I have also added a video to the homepage of ONE.LIFE Adventures.

So with all this blah, blah, blah - Alex and I have spent our last few moments together cramming in a photoshoot, interviewing each other, making lists and chilling on the beach. It's hard to believe that she's gone and it's even harder to believe that the next time we see each other we will be meeting in Auckland.



It is a beautiful day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...