header-photo

never take life seriously. no one gets out alive anyway.

october 13/09

you know when you wake up and you just know its going to be "your" day? thats what it was like for me today. granted, i did still wake up feeling like a truck had run me over, but that feeling quickly passed.

i skipped running today and instead took my time heading over to bronte beach for my first day on the job at ninos. i was early, so i sat in the sand and just breathed. i wondered how i could ever have considered working in the city at that other job when it would have meant id have to give up working at a place like ninos. as i sat there and watched the waves glistening in the sun like a million diamons, i knew this is where i am supposed to be. feet in the sand, i just sat there and took it all in. eventually i had to get up and go to work.

beings that it was my first day, things ran pretty smoothly. i did, however, screw up on almost all my coffee-making (though fortunately....


october 14/09

first things first: my pen ran out of ink yesterday. hense the sudden ending to my ramblings. as i had being saying, my first day on the job had gone pretty well, aside from my continuous failed attempts to impress my new boss with my certified coffee-making skills. apparently i wasnt quite up to par with that, though in my defense - the machine was different, ninos doest dump the extra frothed milk and they dont use temperature gauges to figure out when to stop frothing the milk.

after my shift, i went out to check a possibility for an adequate living situation. this apartment is about 3 minute walk to bondi beach, within my budget (cheaper than the hostel) and clean. i would be living with a couple who has the other room and theyre super cool (definitely no expected group "naughty" excursions here). haha. the only thing is im stuck waiting untill tomorrow or friday to hear back from this fabio to know if i got the room. knock on wood. fingers crossed. i am hoping with all i got that they pick me. it would be a perfect place and i was getting so close to the point of compromising my standards just to get A place.

so today i woke up, went for my run and then decided id spen a fabulous day at the beach (i dont work again untill friday). i got all the way down to the beautiful white sands and settled in on my towel. thats when the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up. i layed there attempting to get comfortable as the sand swirled around, pelting my skin and filling my ears. i put in my ipod, blocked the wind with my bag and then the goosebumps appeared.

i had to move. i transferred my gear up on the grassy hill where at least i now dont feel as though i am going to become a sand dune on the beach.


october 16/09

there is sand everywhere. in my purse. my waterbottle. my sheets. my book. my toes. my hair. there is even some still in my ears. i am constantly brushing off sand from places i never thought possible. there is sand everywhere. the past couple days i have been on the beach with my newfound friend and hostel roommate, anika (pronounced: anne-ee-ka). the wind would blow, constantly pelting us with the tiny particles, but we stayed put. a little wind and sand wouldnt scare us away.

that being said, yesterday it wasnt just the wind to cause a little bit of excitement on the beach yesterday. there are always hoards of people that bring all sorts of personality to the white sands. yesterday there was a group of guys in which one decided that he was going to hit the beach in his undies (gracefully pulled up the crack of his buttocks to show off his "buns") and as it would have been "inappropriate" to swim in such swimwear... he promptly stripped down to the bare in order to take a little swim. now, in australia there are quite a number of nude and semi-nude beaches around. in fact, its common to see women sun bathing topless on bondi beach.... but this guy was different. prancing around and definitely high on something special he ran, skipped and jumped in the waves, proudly baring his goods for all to see. anika and i avoided eye contact (he also appeared to be overly friendly and eager to talk to any of the women on the beach) and stuck our noses in our books. never a dull moment.

that was the story of the past 2 days. beach. sun. wind. sand. today, i finally feel as though i can relax completely. i officially have my schedule at the juice bar and feel as though i am fitting right in. granted, i have only worked there one day and today will be my second day, but still. it fits. secondly, i FINALLY have gotten word that i can move into the room of this apartment i wanted. $170 pw and a 3 min walk to bondi beach and i am in heaven. i most likely wont be able to physically move in untill the end of the month, but still. it feels good to have found something i can call "home" for the next little bit. life is good.

now inbetween now and when i move in i got big plans of work, eat, sleep and beach bumming. and not necessarily in that order. but thats it. things such as surf lessons, scuba diving, canyoning the blue mountains, random classess, artwork, shopping, road trips and volunteer work can wait untill i get settled in. i can feel already that its going to be a busy next few months and im loving it.

i love it all. the sparkly blue waters. the crashing waves. the warm sand. basking in the sun. going to work in my flip flops and having my biggest worry in life be that i might get sunburned if i forget my suntan lotion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...