header-photo

what is done is done

okay - i should have worked out all the glitches here. as it stands i am as finished as i can be with my updated blogsite look. for those who read this via my facebook notes or from an email subscription - the following will most likely not apply to you. but for those who frequent my original blogsite - here is all the information you will need to know on how it is now set up.

****

on the far left column there is the following:

1. SEARCH BAR. this can be used should you wish to search any of the blog entries within my blog. for example, if you are looking for the blogs related to my trip to new york - you would simply type in: 'new york' into the search bar, hit 'enter' and all the blogs that relate to new york will come up. this prevents the ordeal of having to manually click through each of the former blogs to find the one you are wishing to read.

2. PHOTO ALBUMS. as before, these are all the links to my photo albums as posted on facebook (if you read this through my facebook notes, this information is irrelavent to you as you already have access to them). all the photo album links posted are in relation to my journey throughout the world as started on july 1, 2009.

3. RECENT POSTS. this is a new function i have added to highlight the 5 newest posts to my blog. this way, if you happened to have missed a blog entry or wish to skip back a blog entry or 2, they are all posted there with a short summary for your convenience.

4. ARCHIVE. again - as before - this section is listed for your convenience should you want to look back over the history of what has been written. i have edited it slightly so that it no longer shows the blog entry titles, as the most recent ones are now posted above this section - i figured it was not needed. now you may access a portion of the archive by month or year. enjoy!

****

for the middle section, this is clearly the area in which my actual blog entry will lay. however, you may notice that about the blog entry there are the following links:

1. HOME. this link will always direct you back to the main blogsite

2. ABOUT. this link will take you to a separate page in which i have given a brief description on my blogsite as well as my email contact information should you wish to contact me.

3. TRAVEL MAP. this will take you to a separate page in which i have posted my on-going travel map according to my journey that began on july 1, 2009.

4. NEW POST. this is only accessible for me in order to quickly allow me to write a new blog entry.

5. CUSTOMIZE. this, again, is only accessible for me in order to modify, update or otherwise edit the blogsite to make it even better.

6. SIGN IN. this is if you have a google account and wish to be able to sign in.

with the blog, you are still able to post comments to each entry, whether or not you have any sort of google account. you may also click on the link at the bottom of each entry in order to forward that blog to anyone you wish via email.

****

on the right hand colomn, you will notice the following functions:

1. PHOTO. yes - this is me. what a lovely picture.

2. FOLLOWERS. this is the section in relation to who is following my blog that has a google account. if  you have a google account and become a follower - my blog updates are notified on your account for you to check out.

3. SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL. again - this is for if you wish to have my blog sent to your email address to avoid having to reguarly check in and see if i have posted anything.

4. SITEMETER. this little button is simply tracking how many visitors my blogsite has. the more visitors, the better it is should i ever try to develop this thing into a book or whatnot.

****

i hope this helps out and that everything works smoothly for everyone that is following my blog. please comment on this post should anything need to be changed further, if you have any questions or you just simply want to comment....... other than that - cheers! (again).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...