header-photo

The Home Stretch


Things have quieted down considerably since Hannah and Alex have left the caravan park. And not just because they have left. In the past few days it almost feels as though it is just me and Mr. Randall Burns (aka: the lizard) sitting around and contemplating life. Okay - it's more just me doing the life contemplating as Mr. Burns has developed the habit of racing around my tent in circles before he stops to pose outside my front entrance and give me his most intense stare.

It's nice to have the quiet, even if sometimes it throws me off that I can hear myself think. And that's not just because Alex and Hannah have left. It's a lot of things. The past couple weeks have been a whirlwind of activity of which I hardly felt as though I have had time to breathe. And then I literally had trouble even just doing that - breathing - when I got sick last this past Wednesday and pretty much laid like a vegetable in my tent for 5 days straight.

But now I am feeling better. The love rug has re-situated itself outside my tent door and with an arrangement of chairs it has become the new spot to hang out. Or at least for Kirstin, Sam and I. And there are still no new occupants to the empty tent sites here in the backpacker's realm of the caravan park.  And because Alex and I pushed so hard to get things organized before she left and because I made the most of my sick time to catch up even more on New Zealand preparations - I almost feel as though I am on vacation. I mean, the beach IS right there. And aside from the still near 60 hour work week, I am.

Six more weeks to go and then I will be leaving Broome. Six more weeks and I will be saying goodbye to yet another home, another family, another life I have had for the past while. Six more weeks is all I have to make the most of and it will fly by. Or so I hope.

As much as I love it here in Broome, this is not where my story ends. Not even close. The bigger picture is what I hold to my mind's eye every day. Every minute. Every waking second I am here. Broome is the passing-through zone and I can't wait until these six weeks are up. Even still, there is so much left to do here in Broome. Aside from the sand, surf and sun, there's still work - and lot's of it. There's lots of little tweeks to be made on my website(s). Lots of companies to contact for my trek with Alex. Lots of support to be made.

So I suppose I should take this moment of silence for what it is. A break. A pause in the going-ons of everything I have become used to. A time of reflection, prepartion and healing. A time to look ahead and get excited for what's around the corner. A time to begin the next great adventure.

One life to live. One life to achieve our goals and dreams. Welcome to my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...